Chills, high fever,sneezing, runny nose, coughing,achy muscles…all the crap that goes along with the flu or the common cold. Here’s some natural ways to ease the symptoms and promote healing and a speedier recovery.
- Apple cider vinegar – There’s a million things ACV can do for you ….reducing fever, for one thing.. Warmed apple juice may also help with fever reduction
- Chamomile– known for it’s calming effect, it also it anti-inflammatory & antispasmodic. Excellent for relieving aches.
- Lemon- It’s both anti-viral and anti-bacterial, so it helps to kill germs and keep viruses at bay. You can also use it along with vinegar to disinfect the surfaces in your house to prevent germs from spreading. Works great to disinfect dishes,too.
- Garlic- Another one that has both antiviral and antibacterial properties but it’s also good for relieving nasal congestion and upper respiratory symptoms. For an ear ache, use some crushed garlic in olive oil & use as drops.
- Ginger – One of my very favorites for coughs and colds, as well as stomach aches and nausea. Ginger thins the mucous in your body, so it’s especially good to help relieve chest congestion and encourage productive coughs. It also has a warming effect and will help heat the body, very helpful for chills and for helping to sweat out fever.
- Honey – Another of my favorite multi-purpose cures for what ails you.Honey is anti bacterial and can help reduce fever, relieve sore throats ,and ease coughing.
- Echinacea – This is most helpful before you come down with a case of the flu or a cold but it can also be helpful during as an immunity booster and anti-inflammatory.
And then there’s always some good bourbon in Lemon-Ginger tea…with honey,of course.